Tuesday 18 May 2010

Peas are coming on nicely and so are most things....

The peas are growing well, these are the bijou and champion of England varieties. I am very happy with them so far and they are now outside






The Jerusalem Artichoke is also growing very quickly, I have some more at my fathers and it is only just poking out of the ground where as these are away



This is the kiwi cutting I took, not looking great, it is sat in a pot that is sat in a tray with water in constantly. I will keep posting progress


 

2 comments:

  1. Jerusalem Artichokes, I have heard of them, but I have no idea what they are really. I must look it up on the internet. I do not think I have seen one

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are very interesting in a gardening kind of way in my opinion. they are related to the sun flower and grow as high, can do 8ft easily, but they have small flowers and they get tubers at the bottom kind of like potatoes and you eat the tubers. they are very indestructible and once you have some growing, you leave them in the same spot for years from what I understand. you can fry and boil them. however they have "side effects" for some people, flatulence can be an issue. my plants are some tubers i left last year and have re sprouted with no intervention from me at all.

    ReplyDelete