When I housed the swarm I put them in a National brood box that I had been using as a bait hive. It had some loose pieces of comb in that were tied in to a frame (this is my first year as a beekeeper so I dont have spare frames of comb drawn in by a colony) The bees so far have expanded on the original comb.
The next frame along, they have drawn their own fresh comb,the trouble here though is that the foundation I put in has slipped down (this means I did not fit it correctly, so a lesson there for me) In turn the bees have also glued it to the next frame along, so in this shot there are actually two frames not just one. I will sort this problem next year if this colony makes if through the Winter/Spring
This is the frame of honey I am adding to the cast. This frame is from a hive I have elsewhere, it is mainly made up of sugar syrup honey as I have been feeding my other colonies. It has already been in the hive once, but I whipped it out again so our lass could take a piccy
This is me putting everything away, As the colony is small I have kept it at home. So far they have not been a bit of bother because the colony is so small
Weather in Wakefield, England yesterday was wet, rainy and damp, Today it has not stopped raining all morning